Bowel Cancer Support Group UK is currently running pilot projects to provide weekly Zoom Support Group Meetings.
The pilots will help us build up experience and expertise before setting up more groups.
At present each pilot consists of about 8/9 members and 2 facilitators. The facilitators include at least one group admin. The groups meet for one hour a week and the pilots will run for 8 weeks.
In order to expand this initiative we will need to grow the facilitation skills amongst the members and encourage interested members to become facilitators themselves. One of the activities during the pilots is to understand training, development and support requirements for future facilitators.
We ask all members of the Zoom Support Groups to understand and agree to uphold the following guidelines:
Zoom Support Group Guidelines:
- Support each other – Strive to create a safe environment so people can talk honestly, openly and with kindness to self and others.
- Confidentiality – we do not share information outside the group without clear permission.
- Welcoming All – Actively create an atmosphere of welcome and ensure that all who want to speak get the chance.
- We do not give medical advice. We are not a group of medical specialists.
- Get help when needed – If we need help we take responsibility for reaching out.